Because most association fiscal years and elections coincide with the end of the calendar year, preparations should be underway for a busy fall season. Here are a few tips to ease the process:
- Make a “to-do” list of needed repairs or maintenance for the upcoming year.
- Maintain and review up-to-date financial data throughout the year to make the budgeting process easier at the end of the year.
- Confirm unit owner rosters and account ledgers to make candidacy and voter eligibility determinations faster.
- Review what kinds of rules were broken most frequently in the past year and discuss better enforcement methods with your board and attorney.
- Send a newsletter to the owners describing all the projects/improvements accomplished during the year.
- Consider whether your documents need amendments and discuss with your attorney to include these in the annual meeting, where you are likely to get the most owner participation.