A reader recently posed the following question:
In preparation of next years election of board members, where or how do I find a division approved education provider? How will the new member become aware of the educational curriculum to obtain a certificate of satisfactory completion.
The reader may have posed this question believing that the certification requirements of SB 714 were in effect.
Nonetheless, the Division of Florida Condominiums, Time Shares and Mobile Homes publishes information about approved educational providers on the website maintained by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
The Office of the Condominium Ombudsman also offers education. The courses are described as follows:
- Condominium Rights and Obligations – A general overview of the statutory rights and responsibilities of board members and unit owners.
- Condominium Elections – An in depth review of the requirements for the noticing, mailing, and balloting in a condominium election. A mock election will be conducted.
- Condominium Meetings – A comprehensive course on condominium meetings, notices, and parliamentary procedure.
- Basic Condominium Finances – An overview of condominium finances, including statutory requirements, budgets, financials, and reports.
- Serving on a Board of Directors – Information for persons considering or serving on a board of directors in a Florida condominium.
- Condominium Rules and Regulations – A review of rules and regulations in Florida condominiums and how they affect the community.
There are numerous opportunities for education and training throughout the state. The above merely represent course curriculum posted by the State.