Provider #0000811 | Course #9626099 | 3 ELE or 3 HR Credits
Presented by Jay Roberts, Esq. & John Stratton, Esq.
March 29, 2019
9:30am – 12:30pm CST
Sundestin International Condo
1040 Hwy 98 East, 3rd Floor
If you are planning to serve on your association board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our Board Member course is tailored specifically to certify HOA, condo and co-op board members. Your participation will satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve on your condominium association board. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Defining your fiduciary duty
- Analyzing association operations
- How to properly maintain the association’s books and records
- The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
- Avoiding common election pitfalls
- Preparing budgets & funding reserves
- Understanding financial reporting requirements
- Assessing insurance needs for common areas
Light refreshments will be provided.
This class is complimentary, but seating is limited.
Registration is required.
PLEASE NOTE: TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS, PLEASE CONTACT GINA SHAW AT GSHAW@BECKERLAWYERS.COM OR AT 850-664-2229